CALGARY CANCER CENTRE
Discover how JSR® optimized resource usage & project schedule during the construction of a large-scale healthcare and educational facility.
Job Site Resourcing
Calgary, AB, Canada
Enhanced delivery coordination and prevention of schedule delays
EXPLORE OUR SOLUTIONS
The project’s shipping and receiving team had limited capabilities with their current delivery booking system that was insufficient at managing resource allocation and material requests of the large-scale project.
If the project was to move to its next phase, the project team needed a solution software capable of:
• Managing resource requests from multiple subcontractor/suppliers.
• Booking multiple resources with specific weight and size restrictions.
• Scheduling a high volume of deliveries.
The project team realized they needed an advanced system that could coordinate deliveries and materials efficiently and effectively. The solution was Job Site Resourcing. Using JSR’s resource management & scheduling software, the project was able to:
• Reduce verbal communication when booking deliveries between subcontractors and management.
• Allow all delivery requests and approvals to be done electronically.
• Simplify scheduling of equipment by capturing the restrictions and requirements to book each resource.
JSR allowed the project to schedule deliveries more productively and successfully, which had a direct impact on the field. The project received significant value from using JSR which resulted in:
• The subcontractors were able to efficiently coordinate material deliveries to the site.
• Greater clarity for superintendents regarding the amount of material being delivered to their floors.
• No schedule delays allowing the project to achieve major interior finishing milestones.