MIRABELLA 55 STORY LUXURY HOTEL & CONDOMINIUM TOWER
Discover how JSI® can optimize your project’s concrete strength & maturity testing using our real-time monitoring capabilities.
Job Site Insights
Toronto, ON, Canada
Significantly reduced testing costs, work costs, and minimized wasted time.
EXPLORE OUR SOLUTIONS
Timely concrete formwork stripping was critical to meeting this project’s aggressive schedule. The team needed a solution that would streamline concrete testing while guaranteeing the quality of concrete pours were not sacrificed.
• The project’s concrete testing company and concrete supplier were having issues with the concrete breaks failing.
• Needed greater insights on the quality of the concrete and its maturity duration.
• Wanted real-time data to back up the quality of work to the client.
JSI wireless concrete sensors provided real-time temperature, humidity, and maturity data to ensure the installed concrete met design/strength specifications while enabling formwork stripping to occur as soon as possible.
• No longer required additional cylinder breaks to confirm the team could strip forms earlier than expected.
• Sensors gave real-time data to indicate the concrete’s state and quality without waiting for lab results.
• Ability to strip earlier than with the break method, therefore, moving the schedule forward.
JSI saved the project substantial cost savings by reducing schedule and overtime costs. The project received:
• Saved an estimated $20,000 to $50,000 daily in overtime and weekend work costs.
• 50% reduction in concrete testing costs when compared to third-party testing.
• 45 days returned to the project’s schedule by eliminating the time for a third party to test concrete maturity and strength for each casting.