YORK STREET 35 STORY CONDOMINIUM TOWER
Learn how JSI® protects critical equipment from water damage during the construction of a 35-Story tower.
Job Site Insights
Toronto, ON, Canada
Minimized water damage and mitigated damage from equipment
EXPLORE OUR SOLUTIONS
The building was close to occupancy and could not afford any schedule delays, but there was no cooling in the building due to a control valve failing.
• Needed greater awareness and reassurance on the state of assets on site.
• Wanted to monitor the critical control room as the control valve was being replaced.
• Had to protect its already built structure from potential damage.
JSI provides water detection, water flow metering, and an automated water valve shut off to detect a leak as soon as it starts. JSI sensors were installed on the pump room’s floor. The team was immediately notified of water detected on the room’s floor.
• JSI alerted site personnel of the water leak caused by a broken hose connection.
• The water supply was automatically shut off as soon as the water was detected.
• Extensive damages were prevented to equipment in the pump room that contained the building’s fire suppression system.
Without JSI monitoring the job site continuously, the project would have to file an expensive claim to cover the extensive damage, consequently increasing the costs of the building’s construction close to completion.
• The project avoided $300,000 in potential costs to replace critical equipment damaged by water.
• The client was able to open the building to their tenants on time.
• The project team gained a greater risk management perspective.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Get in touch with a Latium Technologies Expert today.